MADURAI SEED’s Senthamizh Library has books for children and young people ranging from fictions to philosophy and history, both in Tamil and English, aiming to promote literacy and good reading habits. There are more than 3000 books.
A library has an immense power to articulate one’s creativity, imagination, language fluency, study skills, values, and morals, etc. Madurai Seed’s library provides the opportunity read extra apart from text books, contribute to positive use of leisure time, and enhance learning.
We have a very extensive collection of teacher and student resource books for English language learners for self learning and to use in class rooms. Graded Tamil, English, and Bilingual story books from reputed and international publishers are available. Thanks to Laura Villiger, John Potts, Clive Oxenden, Keith Rossburrough, Oxford University Press, and Staehli Interlingua Book Shop, and Asha for Education.
It is open to all the children and young people at MADURAI SEED during evenings and holiday times. Books are being used by volunteers to teach in their evening classes too. The access is completely free.
If you are interested you are welcome to read books for kids, conduct story telling sessions, donate books, donate racks, gift subscriptions to magazines, help us to sort the library according to titles, and support us to computerize it.
Objectives & Activities
- Enhancing Tamil and English reading and writing skills.
- Participating in literary meetings and Meeting the authors.
- Organizing programs to motivate children and young people to read.
- Organizing book introduction and criticism sessions.
- Encouraging them to buy books.
- Conducting creative writing sessions.
- Making a center for educational research and ELT resource hub.